Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pushing Forward

Goals for this week are to plan out deadlines for myself for the rest of the year (or at least the next few months?) and solidify where in Detroit I will be spending my time. If I can determine where I will be putting my installation as well that would be ideal, but that might not be for a few more weeks, until I get "settled" into a neighborhood. I want to complete the sound piece inspired by revisiting my bedroom material, which splices together two very similar similar accounts from vastly different backgrounds, and perhaps conduct another in depth interview or two for use as practice/experimentation. I'd like to visit the library and check out a couple of books on Detroit communities and history as well. Finally, I'd like to start planning for another longer piece made up of multiple interviews, by determining a topic, writing up a list of specific and evocative questions, and setting up times to hold interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment