Friday, February 22, 2013

Sound Off!

This week was all about sound. I recorded some oceanic sounds and a very talented saxophonist for my piece, and I am thrilled with the results. I also got a lot of my second sculpture completed. This week I realized just how many elements there are to consider. Everything from the viewer's relationship with the sculpture's opening, to the timbre of a musical instrument can influence the success of the piece. My goal for next week is to pay more careful attention to small details without losing sight of the big picture. I plan on creating a nearly completed mix of the sounds I have collected thus far, and hopefully finishing the second sculpture. Below I have a small sample of sound with (probably) all of the finished tracks mixed in for the first sculpture.



No comments:

Post a Comment