Friday, January 18, 2013

Excitement In The Air!

Wow, what an incredible week! I am all cued up and ready for a fulfilling weekend of progress on my IP project. This week I started out by recording some absolutely stunning ambient music with the help of my good friend and talented musician Shawn. I will be working with him on some other sounds for my project as well. These will be layered with sounds found in nature, voice, and other musical sounds made from all kinds of things. The sounds Shawn and I recorded in this first session were made for the most calming and subdued sculpture of the three I plan to make, based on the ebb and flow of ocean waves. Take a listen to the sample below and let me know if you can feel an "ocean-like" sensation! Next I made a huge vat of clay to make my sculptures with. Using clay reclaim and a mixture of grog, minerals, clay powder, I came up with a consistency that should offer plenty of strength and just the right amount of control. The rest of my time was spent reading and solidifying my sketches for the interiors of my forms. I rediscovered the beauty of collaboration this week, and it was extremely rewarding. I can't wait to mix my collaborations together in the studio, and produce something really special. For next week, here's to hoping that I have a lot of progress on my sculptures, and a good idea of what they will sound like.

No comments:

Post a Comment